It was lovely to meet so many students, families and teachers during my visit to Norway, and explore the splendid forest paths and trails in Asker and Bærum. In between meeting families, I was lucky enough to see:
I couldn't have asked for a warmer welcome, and being invited into local Bærum schools was a wonderful bonus and an unexpected experience. It was particularly interesting to take part in a Geography lesson about 'England' :-) and to help out in class with my 'specialist' knowledge of my home country.
A few photographs of beautiful Bærum red squirrels!
Click the thumbnail to see the full size photos.
Five things I learned about Bekkestua, Bærum
1. The organic Peruvian coffee in Godt Brød is very tasty, and the staff are really friendly.
2. The little sparrows that scavenge for crumbs around the town centre are extremely cheeky.
3. Stabæk IF play their home matches just five minutes outside of the centre (at the Nadderud stadion) and Henning Berg is the current manager!
4. With a nice view of the town centre, the cosy little seating area upstairs in WB Samson is the perfect spot for studying or lesson planning :-)
5. There is a lovely Saturday market with a variety of food vendors and a fun wheel-of-fortune prize draw for children. Perfect for families!